Let’s face it. Politicians, salesmen, recruiters, marketers—they’re all out to trick you. That’s their job. They want your vote, your money or your lifelong commitment. Even the evening news and government agencies have gotten in on the act. How can you tell when you’ve been fooled? There is no “fool-proof” method, but learning the skills of critical thinking can boost your ability to see through the bull.
$20 $15 by Clicking the Button
Click this Discount button to get 25% knocked off the cost of the course.
When you have stronger critical thinking skills, their tactics simply won’t work on you any more. The course benefits help you,
- Become aware of logical fallacies when others attempt to use them instead of rigorous facts to argue a position.
- Recognize and overcome our own biases.
- Choose the right tools for investigation.
- See past the false implication.
- Recognize the logical bait and switch.
- Overcome the false generality.
- Deconstruct blame tactics when they’re used against us.
- Unravel wrongly-defined words.
- Recognize the guilt trip technique when it’s being played on us.
- Become immune to the emotional pitch.
- You should have at least an intermediate grasp of English language. There are no other requirements for taking this course.
- We do ask that you remain open-minded when learning these skills. Such open-mindedness is, after all, a vital part of critical thinking.
Easily learn the basics of critical thinking.
Every human needs these skills to keep from being cheated or fooled. Learn how to detect logical fallacies used by the best politicians and salesmen.
Course includes several handouts, including one free book, plus the Critical Thinking Checklist. Multiple examples are given of logical fallacies or other failures in critical thinking, so that you will know how to respond. This course can easily be finished in one day with an hour of video and over a hundred pages of handouts.
The course is divided into modules. The first introduces the basics of critical thinking and includes examples. Each subsequent module presents a topic and claims that have been made about that subject. Video lessons take those claims apart, piece by piece, and analyzes them using critical thinking.
Take this course to sharpen your mind for everything you do in life. Critical thinking skills are essential with any of life’s important decisions.
- Managing a business,
- Lifestyle choices, and
- Much, much more…
Who is the Instructor?
The course is taught by Rod Martin, Jr. He has a broad background in a number of disciplines which have given him the ability to see the world around us from multiple viewpoints. He has been,
- A Hollywood artist with screen credit,
- A software engineer with a computer degree, summa cum laude,
- A college professor, teaching college algebra, computer systems, web programming and design, assembly language, database management, professional ethics and communications systems,
- A first-place, award-winning essayist and short story writer,
- A published author of over a dozen books, all of them available on this website.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for any person who wants greater critical thinking skills, whether or not they are familiar with the subject. This is for beginners, intermediate, and advanced critical thinkers who enjoy learning new ways of looking at a topic.
- This course is not for anyone who would not enjoy a fresh perspective on critical thinking. This course is probably not for you if you expect lessons in critical thinking to be delivered in some standard format used by some universities.
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 18 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Click the following button to start your course now and enjoy a 25% discount. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.